Monday, January 31, 2011

Gadsby Meeting

I met with Gadsby yesterday and got a bunch of needed help towards my resume. She helped me with the layout and the organization of how my resume should run in order with the newest information from MCA coming first and the information of my last school following after. We went over how the Objective on the resume should sell me to the clients reading it and never to refer to yourself in the sentence statement. We talked about any possibilities of beefing up my "experience" information as well. I told her that I would like to find work in Seattle, Wa and she was able to find me two contact to email and provided some references on how to email them professionally in hopes to create a network with them to gain more information on obtaining a job within Seattle and how to become more competitive with other job applicants. I plan to do a follow up meeting with her once I have completed my resume for any added help she may provide.


She also suggested that I take a portfolio and visit Comic.com and Siggraph and try to make network connections with the people that attend the shows.


Another suggestion she gave me was that I could personalize my resume with a little art work of my characters around my name or the edges of the resume that will make it stand out from the rest and not make it look so much like a typed out template.


No comments:

Post a Comment