Thursday, March 31, 2011

Self Critique

Croon's Toon 3/31

This project has been a major pain but in the end, I will be extremely happy and proud to be done with it. I started the idea of this story over a year ago and have struggled to keep that idea going as I struggled with creating the story. My main idea was to create a animation that included a mix of sound to help illustrate the emotions of the characters. My strengths would have to be the painted backgrounds I did for each shot and the composites built inside After Effects. The theme of my animation is romance and the failures my Toon Croon had to overcome to find his mate.

My weakness would be controlling the music to go along with the visuals of the animated lines that dance above the characters. I found it almost impossible to match the movements exact with the sounds. Even tho I am considering this as a rough draft I am determined to get the parts I struggle with the way I envision them. My other weakness is not being able to be as fast as I truly need to be. I have worked on this animation everyday and night for the past 4 months. No matter how long I work, I still get stuck at some points and end up spending way too much time on that part. I am giddy when I overcome the obstacle but then I find myself struggling to catch up once I figure out the issues. Its been a rough semester but I'm not willing to give up, and I dont want to show work that could be better.



No comments:

Post a Comment